Beechmont Players is excited to announce AUDITIONS for…
JAMES and the GIANT PEACH
Music and Lyrics by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul
Book by Timothy Allen McDonald
Come be a part of this fresh and delightfully offbeat musical adaptation of Roald Dahl’s fantastical tale about a boy, his insect friends and their amazing journey across the ocean on a giant piece of fruit! With a wickedly tuneful score by the red-hot songwriting team of Benj Pasek and Justin Paul (Dear Evan Hansen, Dogfight, A Christmas Story the Musical, and movies La La Land and Trolls), and a fun and quirky book by Timothy Allen McDonald (Roald Dahl’s Willy Wonka, The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley, CEO of iTheatrics). It will be an exciting summer creating this musical “masterpeach!”
Save yourself a few minutes at the audition and come with your audition form filled out: James and the Giant Peach – Audition Form
James ONLY Audition:
Sunday, April 2, 2017 @ 3p – 5p
Wednesday, April 5, 2017 @ 7p – 9p
Sunday, April 9, 2017 @ 3p – 6p
Monday, April 10, 2017 @ 7p – 10p
Wednesday April 12, 2017 @ 7p – 10p
Faith United Church of Christ
6886 Salem Road
Cincinnati, OH 45230
August 4 – 12, 2017
Directed by Fred Tacon
Produced by Pam Kaesemeyer
Choreographed by Dee Anne Bryll
Music Direction by Charlie Wilhelm
Vocal Direction by Sarah Mizelle
• Prepare 16-32 bars of a song in the style of (but not from) the show that best shows off your personality and vocal range.
• Please bring sheet music, well-marked and in the correct key. An accompanist will be provided.
• For James only, be prepared to sing “Middle of a Moment” in addition to your audition song. It doesn’t have to be memorized, you can use the sheet music. Please contact Fred Tacon at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information about the James audition.
• The cast album is available for free at www.jatgp.com and on YouTube. Please listen to it, and fall in love with the music just like we have.
• You will be asked to read from the script.
• Note that there will not be a dance audition. However, dance and movement are a part of the show. Highlighting experience on your resume or audition form will be appreciated.
• Rehearsals will begin in mid-late May and will be determined by the availability of the cast. Please bring known conflicts from May 15th-August 13th.
• Resume and head shot are appreciated but not required.
• Contact Fred Tacon at email@example.com if you have any questions.
James (M) A lonely young boy
Ladahlord (M) A strange and magical storyteller
Spiker (F) James’ mean and nasty aunt
Sponge (F) James’ other mean and nasty aunt
Green Grasshopper (M) Fatherly to James
Ladybug (F) Motherly to James
Spider (F) Warm and friendly to James
Earthworm (M) A bit of a scaredy-cat
Centipede (M) Grumpy and hates humans
Ensemble: Women and/or men who play a variety of characters
Character descriptions, ages, and vocal ranges can be found at here. Part doubling in our production may differ from what is listed.
Note on Character Ages: Ideally, we would like to find a young boy to play James. But, because of the vocal demands of this role, we will consider ages from 7 to 15. All other roles are generally consistent with the MTI website. However, we will consider older teens (17-19) for the insects and ensemble.
Produced by special arrangement with Music Theatre International.